Thank you for scheduling your Q-Switch treatment with Laser Skin Care Center. For your safety and in order to obtain optimum results, the instructions below must be followed.
- Do not use any of the following products on the treated area 3 days before or 3 days after treatment: harsh exfoliating cleansers or scrubs, bleaching creams or retinoids (Retin-A).
- Avoid direct prolonged sun exposure 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after treatment on the treated area.
- Apply your Elta MD sunscreen or a sunscreen of at least 30 SPF or higher every 2 hours to prevent post-procedure side effects if exposed to the sun.
- Apply your Post-Treatment Recovery Complex 2-4 times a day for at least 4 days after each treatment to soothe the skin and to speed up the recovery process. For tattoo removal, you may use aquaphor.
- After treatment; the area may feel like a mild sunburn, a cool compress can be applied. Light scabbing or peeling is common, especially with tattoo removal.
- Cleanse the area with tepid warm water. Avoid extremities of heat such as hot showers, hot tubs, and saunas for 72 hours after treatment.
- Blisters may appear; especially after tattoo removal treatment. Please contact the office if you feel like the blister is extensive and we will further instruct you. (562)997-1144
- If you must cancel your appointment please give us at least 24-hour notice to avoid any late cancellation fees. This is due to a high demand for the treatment time.
- You will need multiple treatments for tattoo removal to see the desired result, every patient varies. For pigmented lesions 1 to 2 treatments is sufficient but results will vary patient to patient.
- Please inform the medical staff of all medications you are taking, some medications can make you photosensitive.
- Please notify your provider of any history of Gold Therapy, we do not recommend laser treatments.
- Please notify your provider of any metal plates, screws or rod’s in the treatment area.
- Please notify your provider if you have a history of cold sores in the treatment area.
- You are not a candidate if you are pregnant, on topical or oral antibiotics.
If you have any further questions, please call us at (562) 997-1144.