A lot of women and men shy away from Botox because they’ve seen celebrities or friends who have undergone Botox and now their face barely moves or looks permanently surprised. What they don’t realize is that Botox doesn’t have to cause this – these problems are due to an inexperienced doctor or a patient who insists on too much Botox.
To achieve natural Botox, patients should do their homework.
- Consider credentials and experience. Find a board-certified dermatologist, plastic surgeon or physician assistant.
- Research the doctor’s previous work. Look at before and after photos of previous patients. How do their results look to you?
- Check online reviews. Did patients get home and realize they didn’t like their Botox results?
- Meet the doctor face to face for a consultation. Botox should be highly individualized.
- Pick a doctor you feel comfortable with. Are they pressuring you to get more Botox than you are comfortable with? Are they listening to your goals and desires?
The next step is to create an individualized Botox plan with your doctor – which will be different from your friends or moms or sisters. This will help yield natural results that don’t make you appear frozen or surprised or cause eyelid drooping. Additionally, patients in their 20’s who can benefit from lifestyle changes or a skincare regime should probably wait to undergo Botox.
The physicians at Laser Skin Care Center of Long Beach understand the dynamics of facial expression can administer Botox injections to create a perfectly natural look. If you’d like to learn more about our Botox treatments, please fill out the form on this page or call (562) 280-2071.