In order to minimize the risk of possible side effects and complications of injections please follow these simple steps:
- Immediately after the treatment, you should apply an ice pack; every hour for 5-10 minutes for the first 48 hours if possible, as there may be mild swelling. It is normal for the area to feel like a mild sunburn for a few hours. Use a cool compress as needed. Avoid any trauma to the skin for up to 5-7 days, such as hot water, strenuous exercise, massage, facials, hot tubs or saunas.
- Avoid picking or scratching the treated area to avoid causing any adverse reaction. If any crusting appears to apply your post procedure lotion as needed to soothe the skin. Post procedure lotion is available for purchase at reception and Aquaphor may also be applied.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after treatment. Re-apply your sunscreen of at least a 30 SPF every 2 hours if you will be having incidental sun exposure such as; driving, walking etc. We recommend the Elta MD brand.
- Do not use harsh scrubs, acids, benzoyl peroxide, Retin-A or other vitamin A compounds until the skin is completely healed.
- For cleansing the skin, we recommend you use the Ultra Gentle Cleanser available for purchase at reception. Use your fingertips only, in a gentle motion and pat dry. Do so until the skin is healed.
- You may experience some mild swelling, redness and bruising after treatment that can last up to 7 days in rare cases longer. We recommend that you take arnica, starting 5 days before treatment and 5 days after to help with these symptoms. Arnica is available for purchase at reception or at your local Whole Foods.
- Stay hydrated and avoid excess sodium for the first 48 hours to reduce swelling and inflammation.
- If the treatment was on the leg area, it may take longer for the inflammation, pigmentation, and redness to resolve.
- Please let us know of all medications you are currently taking, especially antibiotics which can make you photosensitive as we will need to reschedule your appointment.
- Please let us know if you have a history of cold sores in the treatment area, metal plates, rods or screws or any history of gold therapy, lupus or connective tissue disease.
- Immediately after treatment blood vessels may appear gray, this may take a few days to resolve but makeup can be applied immediately after treatment.
- Please give us 24-hour notice if you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment to avoid any late cancellation fees.
- Do not shave the treated area until the skin is completely healed. For men patients, you may experience hair loss if you opt for a treatment where your beard exists.
- You may require multiple treatments to achieve optimal results, in which case there will be an additional charge. Patient skin conditions and skin types vary as do recommended number of treatments
- You are not a candidate if you are pregnant, on topical or oral antibiotics.
Please call the office with any additional questions or concerns at (562)997-1144.
3828 Schaufele Ave Suite 300 Long Beach, CA 90808 (562)997-1144