Thank you for scheduling your IPL treatment with Laser Skin Care Center. For your safety and in order to obtain optimum results, the instructions below should be followed.
- Avoid Dermal Fillers and Botox at least 1 week prior to treatment and 2 weeks after treatment.
- Do not use the following products 3 days before or 5 days after your treatment [or until pinkness has subsided): Retin-A, retinoids, or similar vitamin A compounds, harsh scrubs or exfoliating products and bleaching creams, unless instructed otherwise by your provider.
- Avoid picking or scratching the treated area to avoid causing any adverse reaction. If any crusting appears apply your post procedure lotion as needed to sooth the skin. Post procedure lotion is available for purchase at reception and Aquaphor may also be applied.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after treatment. Re-apply your sunscreen of at least a 30 SPF every 2 hours if you will be having incidental sun exposure such as; driving, walking etc. We recommend the Elta MD brand.
- Do not use harsh scrubs, acids, benzoyl peroxide, Retin-A or other vitamin A compounds until the skin is completely healed.
- For cleansing the skin, we recommend you use the Ultra Gentle Cleanser available for purchase at reception. Use your fingertips only, in a gentle motion and pat dry. Do so until the skin is healed.
- You may experience some mild swelling, redness and crusting after treatment
that can last up to 5 days in rare cases longer.
- Please let us know of all medications you are currently taking, especially antibiotics which can make you photo-sensitive as we will need to reschedule your appointment.
- Please let us know if you have a history of cold sores in the treatment area, metal plates, rods or screws or any history of gold therapy, lupus or connective tissue disease.
- Please give us 24-hour notice if you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment to avoid any late cancellation fees.
- You are not a candidate if you are pregnant, breast feeding, on topical or oral antibiotics.
- Do not shave the treated area until the skin is completely healed. For male patients, you may experience hair lose if you opt for a treatment where your beard exists.
- You may require multiple treatments to achieve optimal results, in which case there will be an additional charge. Patient skin conditions and skin types vary, as do recommended number of treatments.
Please call the office with any additional questions or concerns at (562)997-1144.