Thank you for scheduling your Fraxel treatment with Laser Skin Care Center. For your safety and in order to obtain optimum results, the instructions below should be followed.
- Do not use the following products 5 days before or 5 days after your treatment [or until pinkness has subsided): Retin-A, retinoids, or similar vitamin A compounds, harsh scrubs or exfoliating products and bleaching creams, unless instructed otherwise by your provider. Darker skin types may need to start a topical bleaching cream 4 weeks prior to treatment.
- Avoid tanning or prolonged sun exposure 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after treatment. Sun may cause adverse reactions, as well as make your pigmentation worse.
- Apply your Post-Treatment Recovery Complex 2-4 times a day or as needed for at least 5 days after treatment. Drinking plenty of water will also assist in skin dryness. You may also use Cerave PM Lotion.
- Apply your Ultra Sheer Antioxidant Sunscreen SPF 50 the day after treatment and re-apply every 2 hours for incidental sun exposure such as driving. We also recommend Elta MD sunblock.
- The next day cleanse the treated area with your Ultra Gentle Cleanser with tepid warm water. Apply cleanser to fingertips with water in a gentle motion. Do not use a washcloth or scrubs. Use the Ultra Gentle Cleanser until the skin is healed.
- Although extremely rare, a blister may appear, if so please call the office to let us know.
- Avoid Botox at least 1 week prior to treatment.
- Avoid Dermal Fillers at least 2 weeks prior to treatment and 2 weeks after treatment.
- If you have a history of cold sores ask your doctor about an antiviral prescription and use as directed.
- You are not a candidate if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, on topical or oral antibiotics.
What to expect:
- Swelling: can last 4-6 days in rare cases longer and will often appear worse the second day after the procedure. Try and sleep elevated on a few pillows the first night if possible.
– Apply cool compresses, every hour for 10 minutes, while awake, for 24-48 hours post procedure (ex: washcloth soaked in ice water, ice packs, frozen gel mask).
– Try to avoid alcohol and excess salt the first 24 hours to reduce swelling.
- Redness: can be covered up with makeup the day after treatment if desired, slight redness can remain up to 1 week and longer in rare cases.
- Dry Skin: the skin will flake and feel dry as a normal result of this procedure. This should resolve within 1 week and longer in rare cases. Apply your Post-Treatment Recovery Complex as needed. If dryness persists you may also apply Cerave PM Lotion which you can purchase over the counter.
- Excessive scabbing, pain or pustules should be reported to the office right away. You may take Arnica to alleviate some swelling prior to treatment. You may purchase it at reception. Take as directed.
Healing times may vary patient to patient. Please call the office with any concerns post-treatment and we will be happy to assist you. We can be reached at (562)997-1144.