Thank you for scheduling your Dermapen treatment with Laser Skin Care Center. For your safety and in order to obtain optimum results, the instructions below should be followed.
- Do not use the following products 3 days before or 5 days after your treatment [or until pinkness has subsided): Retin-A, retinoids, or similar vitamin A compounds, harsh scrubs or exfoliating products and bleaching creams, unless instructed otherwise by your provider.
- Avoid tanning or prolonged sun exposure 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after treatment. Sun may cause adverse reactions, as well as make your pigmentation worse.
- Apply your AQ Active Serum 2 times a day or as needed, for at least 5 days after treatment. You may use it longer for optimal results.
- Apply your Mineral Sunscreen the day after the treatment and re-apply every 2 hours for incidental sun exposure such as driving. We recommend Elta MD sunblock.
- The next day you may cleanse the treated area with your Ultra Gentle Cleanser with tepid warm water. Apply cleanser to fingertips with water in a gentle motion. Do not use a washcloth or scrubs. Use the Ultra Gentle Cleanser until the skin is healed. You may resume your regular skin care regimen 5 days after treatment.
- Although extremely rare, red stripping may occur and should subside within 3 days.
- Avoid exercise or excessive sweating for 24 hours after treatment.
- Avoid Dermal Fillers and Botox at least 1 week prior to treatment and 1 week after treatment.
- If you have a history of cold sores ask your doctor about an antiviral prescription and use as directed.
You are not a candidate if you are pregnant.
You will be expected to arrive early for numbing, let your provider know if you have an allergy to topical Lidocaine.
What to expect:
- Redness: can be covered up with makeup the day after treatment if desired. Slight redness can remain up to 3 days and longer in rare cases.
- During treatment and just after, you may experience pinpoint bleeding; this is a normal response with this procedure.
- Dry Skin: the skin can feel dry or flake as a normal result of this procedure. This should resolve within a few days, in rare cases longer.
- You may experience a rough texture to the skin for a few days; this is a normal response after the Dermapen treatment. You may moisture more frequently if needed.
- Excessive scabbing, stripping or irritation should be reported to the office right away.
Healing times may vary patient to patient. Please call the office with any concerns post-treatment and we will be happy to assist you. We can be reached at (562) 997-1144.