Sign Up for Our March Madness Event!
Reserve your spot on Friday, March 9th or Friday, March 23rd.
Call 562-280-2071 to book your time or complete this form:
Botox is an amazing product that helps to restore and refresh your natural beauty. It works by targeting your muscles of expression, relaxing them, and diminishing the appearance of unwanted lines and furrows, produced by age, stress and worry. They quickly fade or disappear resulting in a more rested and refreshed appearance.
Facial expressions are how we communicate with the world, how we reflect our feelings and emotions. As we age, visible lines and wrinkles naturally form. Botox injections temporarily block signals to the facial muscles to correct wrinkles, smooth appearance and even prevent formation of new wrinkles. Botox injections are not intended to eliminate facial expression; rather they prevent facial grimaces and frowns that have become unintended habits. The physicians at Laser Skin Care Center of Long Beach understand the dynamics of facial expression can administer Botox injections to create a perfectly natural look.
- To relax and soften vertical and horizontal forehead lines, crow’s feet and frown lines that make you look angry, anxious, fearful or fatigued
- To create a more youthful look by relaxing lines over the cheek area
- To smooth chin dimpling
- For a temporal brow lift by lifting the outer one third of the brows to elevate the eyebrows and open the eyes for a rested appearance
- To diminish bunny lines, those lines beside your nose that appear when you crinkle your nose
- To improve facial symmetry
- To lift the corners of the mouth to reduce the appearance of marionette lines that run from the corners of the mouth to the chin
- To address deep upper lip lines
- To soften the nasolabial folds that run from the corners of the nose to the corners of the mouth
- To raise the corners of the mouth by relaxing the platysma muscles that facilitate facial expression by lowering the corners of the lower lip
- To treat aging of the neck created by the age-related downward pull of the platysma muscles that creates vertical neck bands
The Botox Procedure
The Botox procedure is quick and causes only minor, temporary discomfort. A small, thin needle is used to inject Botox into the small facial muscles. The most common side effects are swelling and bruising at the injection site, which will usually resolve within 48 hours. You can resume normal activities immediately, and will be advised to avoid lying down for four hours after the procedure. And you must not rub the area for 24 hours to avoid unwanted side effects. You will receive instructions for post-injection care. It may take 5-7 days for results to appear and up to two weeks for the full results to be visible. You’ll be strutting with a renewed confidence in no time.
Botox has long-lasting positive effects for 3-4 months and wears off slowly. Keeping up with injections on a regular basis, before lines and wrinkles reappear, trains the treated muscles to contract less often, so that lines appear smoother.
- When lines and wrinkles are apparent, but the surrounding areas have become smoother after Botox, you may become more aware of those wrinkles that were not treated.
- Botox is safe to treat wrinkles and frown lines to help you achieve the look you seek. And, it is important to choose experienced practitioners like the ones at Laser Skin Care Center of Long Beach to get the best results.
Find out for yourself. Give us a call to schedule a complimentary consultation.
If you’d like to learn more about our Botox treatments, please fill out the form on this page or call (562) 997-1144.